Re: [Condor-devel] how to merge manual

Perhaps I can clarify Dan's question, as you didn't give an
answer to the question he was asking. . .

The question was:  how do you only merge only doc changes
into the doc branch?
Try this for his question:
  How do you only merge the changes within the doc/ directory
into the special doc branch?

Example:  assume branches of master, V7_7_0-branch (after
release), V7_6-branch, V7_6_2-branch

Now, a bit into the future, src changes go into V7_6-branch
intended for 7.6.3.  And, doc changes go into V7_6_2-branch.
Merge path is
  V7_6_2-branch into V7_6-branch (doc-only changes whether we
     do or do not create a V7_6_2-doc-branch
  V7_6-branch into V7_7_0-branch (or special V7_7_0-doc-branch)
     This is the point in which src changes end up in the merge,
     potentially causing conflicts.  UNLESS all developers also
     use this same merge path.  Any conflict resolution I
     choose then ends up being wrong for the last merge of
  V7_7_0-branch into master

Clarify or not?
Karen