Re: [Condor-devel] trouble with condor_fix_assert and undef __GNUC__

I think this can be easily resolved, because I was overlooking an important detail. Near the end of this file, there is some code that is supposed to restore __GNUC__ to its original value. However, this was not restoring it in the case where __GNUC__ was originally 4. It only restored for GNUC 2 and 3.

I still don't see why we are grouping together all non-linux platforms when doing this, but at least it does not have as far reaching consequences (when correctly done) as I originally thought.

--Dan

Dan Bradley wrote:
In condor_fix_assert, it undefines __GNUC__ on all platforms except for LINUX. What do all non-LINUX platforms have in common with respect to the use of __GNUC__ in header files? That seems like a bad way to group things. I bring it up because it is conflicting with the classads external when I try to compile condor with it on Mac OS X.

The supposed reason for doing it is, "Get rid of __GNUC__, otherwise gcc will assume its own library when generating code for asserts." If this undef is not needed on Linux, why should we have it anywhere else? I propose that we get rid of this undef __GNUC__ altogether.

--Dan