[Condor-devel] trouble with condor_fix_assert and undef __GNUC__

In condor_fix_assert, it undefines __GNUC__ on all platforms except for LINUX. What do all non-LINUX platforms have in common with respect to the use of __GNUC__ in header files? That seems like a bad way to group things. I bring it up because it is conflicting with the classads external when I try to compile condor with it on Mac OS X.

The supposed reason for doing it is, "Get rid of __GNUC__, otherwise gcc will assume its own library when generating code for asserts." If this undef is not needed on Linux, why should we have it anywhere else? I propose that we get rid of this undef __GNUC__ altogether.

--Dan