Re: [Condor-devel] Build System Change Requests

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 18:14, Greg Thain wrote:
> If some smart person from, say, an Ivy League school wanted to submit some
> patches that made "make public" smaller, I'm sure we'd would revel in
> your munificence.

I submitted patches in January to Pete Keller that never got accepted! How do
I know my new patches will get accepted! Besides, I might be too busy over
here counting our endowment...

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 18:28, Dan Bradley wrote:
> So if all you want is strip.tar, maybe you should replace 'make public'
> with 'make strip.tar'.

This sounds like what I want. I will give it a try.

> As for directly printing the output from the building of externals, I
> don't see an option to do that currently, but all building of externals
> happens in externals/build_external, which takes a --log argument.  I
> tried passing /dev/stdout to that, and it mostly worked, but the script
> runs tail on the log file if the build fails, and then it gets hung up
> reading from /dev/stdout.

What about adding a flag so that the build_external script prints out
a "heartbeat" every minute with the current time while the externals build?
--
Andy Pavlo
pavlo@xxxxxxxxxxx