[Gems-users] LogTM Transactions Hanging (Gems 2.1)

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:35:14 +1200
From: "Fuad Tabba" <fuad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] LogTM Transactions Hanging (Gems 2.1)
Hi,

I recently had to reinstall gems2.1 and things have been kind of acting up. What I'm trying to do is to run more than one thread with transactions using LogTM (this particular run has 2 threads):-
XACT_CONFLICT_RES=TIMESTAMP
g_NETWORK_TOPOLOGY=PT_TO_PT

otherwise, everything else is set to the default values.

One thread runs fine. However, two threads or more act up. Initially I get a bunch of "XACT CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE" and then a "SIMICS SEG FAULT", but it still continues to run. Finally however, I get a "Begin ESCAPE ACTION" and the simulation doesn't terminate (and the trace produces nothing afterwards).

As I mentioned, 1 thread works fine, and so does ATMTP (for any number of threads). I believe that I'm doing the TM_Workload_Setup as well. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I've attached the dump for the run at debug level 2.

Thanks,
/Fuad