Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion in DirectoryMemory.C

Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:05:48 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion in DirectoryMemory.C
>   It seems that the mapping is done correctly since at least gives a
> value inside the range. What we don't know is from where the variables
> like m_version or m_chip_ptr come. Since they are used in the function
> isPresent maybe will help us to know what is wrong.

The System is constructed of Chip objects which is supposed to correspond
to a single CMP Chip.  A Chip holds all of the other objects within it--
Cache controllers, Cache objects, DirectoryMemory objects, etc.  If a Chip
has several Cache controllers or DirectoryMemory objects, then they are
identified with the m_version variable.

--Mike