Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion in DirectoryMemory.C

Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:55:56 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion in DirectoryMemory.C
This error appears when the mapping functions in Slicc don't agree with what the individual DirectoryMemory's range of memory.

See the map_Address_to_Directory and map_Address_to_DirectoryNode functions in ruby/slicc_interface/RubySlicc_ComponentMapping.h

--Mike

Enric Herrero wrote:

Hi,

We are running simulations with a new protocol we have
written. It worked in the tester and also while
running SPLASH2 Water-Spatial with 4,8,16 and 32
processors. But we have the following error when
simulating with 64 processors:

Processors: 64
Creating system done
Ruby initialization complete
failed assertion 'isPresent(address)' at fn
Directory_Entry& DirectoryMemory::lookup(PhysAddress)
in system/DirectoryMemory.C:132
failed assertion 'isPresent(address)' at fn
Directory_Entry& DirectoryMemory::lookup(PhysAddress)
in system/DirectoryMemory.C:132

We think that maybe it is a problem of how we
configure the simulation since the protocol worked
with the other configurations. The problem appears
only when we load ruby. We have defined the following
parameters:

@boards = {0 : [[0, 4, 4096],[1, 4, 0],[2, 4, 0],[3,
4, 0],[4, 4, 0],[5, 4, 0]],
          1 : [[0, 4, 0],[1, 4, 0],[2, 4, 0],[3, 4,
0],[4, 4, 0],[5, 4, 0]],
          2 : [[0, 4, 0],[1, 4, 0],[2, 4, 0],[3, 4,
0]]} #4096 Mb of main memory

@sarek_disk_size = 4256972800L

ruby0.setparam L2_CACHE_NUM_SETS_BITS 18 #512kB/proc
ruby0.setparam g_MEMORY_SIZE_BYTES 4294967296 #32 bits

We would be very grateful if someone knows why this
error appears. Thank you.

/Marco and Enric

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com