Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion in DirectoryMemory.C

Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 13:51:01 +0200 (CEST)
From: Enric Herrero <enricherrero@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Failed assertion in DirectoryMemory.C
Hi,
We have checked the L2->Dir mapping function and it's like that:

if (RubyConfig::memoryBits() > 0) {
    dirNode = addr.bitSelect(RubyConfig::dataBlockBits(),
                        RubyConfig::dataBlockBits()+RubyConfig::memoryBits()-1);
}

We would like to know which variable in ruby config is related with memoryBits(). We want to use interleaved memory so we would like to have a number of bits according to the number of memories.

Also we would like to know better what some config parameters mean:

g_MEMORY_SIZE_BYTES: 4294967296
(This means we have 4096 Mb of RAM)

We have an address space size of 64 bits since we are working with Sarek

g_MEMORY_MODULE_BITS: 0
How is this parameter calculated?

Thank you,

/Marco and Enric

Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
This error appears when the mapping functions in Slicc don't agree with
what the individual DirectoryMemory's range of memory.

See the map_Address_to_Directory and map_Address_to_DirectoryNode
functions in ruby/slicc_interface/RubySlicc_ComponentMapping.h

--Mike