[Gems-users] Functional Unit latencies on Ruby

Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 02:29:37 -0600
From: "Abhishek Ranjan" <absk82@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Functional Unit latencies on Ruby

I have started learning about simics and gems some days back. What I want to get is the traffic in the memory bus when a program runs on a uniprocessor with a single level of cache.

I think I can use both Ruby or opal to get this (assuming I can simulate uniprocessor on them).

The question is,

Since ruby models in-order pipeline What are the functional unit latencies which it assumes? I could find them for opal but not for Ruby in the config file.

I would very much appreciate your response,

Thanks,

Abhishek