Re: [DynInst_API:] Please review coverity-driven fixes

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:14:09 -0800
From: Josh Stone <jistone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Please review coverity-driven fixes
On 12/17/2013 01:33 PM, Bill Williams wrote:
> On 12/16/2013 07:12 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
>> On 12/16/2013 04:42 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
>>> Since the Objects and AObjects are not in public headers, I could just
>>> try making those into private unimplemented copy constructors, and see
>>> if anything breaks.
>>
>> This much appears to work fine, disabling copy and assignment for both.
>> (At least for the elf side; I don't have other systems to test.)
>
> Good, good. As I noted, the *design* is for ref-counted, and anyone
> trying to copy these would get a rude surprise (no symbols, for one!).

I took a blind stab at Object-nt, at least, but Object-coff and
Object-xcoff seem to be obsolete, chaining to AObject constructors that
no longer exist.  In coff it uses AObject(string,...) which was removed
in 2007 when MappedFile was introduced, commit 30930df02afa.  In xcoff
it uses AObject(MappedFile*,MappedFile*,...) which was removed about a
year ago, commit f175cf6e5ff9.

Nothing seems to reference Object-coff at all.  Object-xcoff is only
pulled in for defined(os_aix) -- can I infer that neglect of AIX support
makes it effectively dead code?

I'll ignore these two for now, since they're already broken.  Pruning
unused platforms is a fun task for another day, if these are truly not
desired anymore.  I love the smell of negative-LOC patches... :)

Josh