Re: [DynInst_API:] Please review coverity-driven fixes

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:33:54 -0600
From: Bill Williams <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Please review coverity-driven fixes
On 12/16/2013 07:12 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
On 12/16/2013 04:42 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
Since the Objects and AObjects are not in public headers, I could just
try making those into private unimplemented copy constructors, and see
if anything breaks.

This much appears to work fine, disabling copy and assignment for both.
(At least for the elf side; I don't have other systems to test.)

Good, good. As I noted, the *design* is for ref-counted, and anyone trying to copy these would get a rude surprise (no symbols, for one!).

Users on the list: is anyone using the Symtab class's copy constructor (and happy with the semantics of same)? I'd love to deprecate this entirely so nobody shoots themself in the foot.