Re: [HTCondor-users] ERROR: HTCondor cannot run under unlocked non-system account 'condor'

Hello,

gagan tiwari
<gagan.tiwari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> what's the shell of your AD condor user ? Can you set that to
> /sbin/nologin and try then. If thatÂdoesn't work. Then , try
> installing from pkgs instead of getconder script. Take a look at the
> link below on how to do it. I am assuming that you will be
> installingÂhtcondor on Linux.Â

installing directly from pkgs was not a solution, since the issue comes
from the .postinst script. Modifying this script was a possibility, but
not one that will scale in the future, so in the end I found that
forgetting about the AD condor account and creating a local condor
account was OK if I mimicked what the .postinst script was trying to do:

+ being a system account (i.e. ID < 1000), was not enough. With the
following, the local account takes precedence, and the getcondor script
does not complain anymore and I have (*I think*) a properly secured
HTCondor installation.

,----
| sudo lgroupadd -r condor
| sudo luseradd -r condor -s /sbin/nologin -g condor --gecos="HTCondor Daemons"
| sudo usermod -d /var/lib/condor condor
`----

Cheers,
--
Ãngel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)