Re: [HTCondor-users] ERROR: HTCondor cannot run under unlocked non-system account 'condor'

Hello Todd,

Todd Tannenbaum via HTCondor-users
<htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The best thing to do is to change the login shell in the passwd entry
> for user "condor" to "/usr/sbin/nologin".  The reason the install
> halts is the concern that the per-existing "condor" account is
> accessible by some non-privileged user.  That would be a very bad
> thing from a security standpoint.

I went for the secure option and turned "condor" to a locked local account.

> Angel, do you know who can login as user "condor", and do you trust
> that person with near root-level access???

"condor" is basically me, so yes, better not to trust that person :-)

Cheers,
--
Ãngel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)