[HTCondor-users] ERROR: HTCondor cannot run under unlocked non-system account 'condor'

Hello,

long time since the last time I installed HTCondor, and I'm now trying
it again, using the recommended get.hcondor script
(https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/v10_0/getting-htcondor/install-linux-as-root.html)

System is Ubuntu 20.04, and I'm doing:

,----
| curl -fsSL https://get.htcondor.org | sudo GET_HTCONDOR_PASSWORD="xxxxx"
| /bin/bash -s -- --channel stable --no-dry-run --central-manager
| xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
`----

but the installation fails with:

,----
| Setting up libcgroup1:amd64 (0.41-10) ...
| Setting up htcondor (10.0.1-1.1) ...
| ERROR: HTCondor cannot run under unlocked non-system account 'condor'
| dpkg: error processing package htcondor (--configure):
|  installed htcondor package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
| Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) ...
| Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.9) ...
| Errors were encountered while processing:
|  htcondor
| E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
`----

In this server we have a condor user with Active Directory, with a uid >
1000, which I assumed it was the cause of the error. So I created a
local condor system account, hoping it would solve the problem

,----
| $ id condor
| uid=11(condor) gid=1001(condor) groups=1001(condor),191(sieinv),2000(domain users)
`----

But after removing the half-finished installation and trying again, I
get the same error.

Is this something known? Any advice on how to get around it?

Ãngel de Vicente                 -- (GPG: 0x64D9FDAE7CD5E939)
 Research Software Engineer (Supercomputing and BigData)
 Instituto de AstrofÃsica de Canarias (https://www.iac.es/en)