Re: [HTCondor-users] Building HTCondor on ARM systems

On Thu, 2022-10-06 at 15:26:59 +0100, HTCondor Users Mailinglist wrote:
> The Isambard Tier2 site is primarily Marvell ThunderX2 but also a cabinet of
> A64FX from Fujitsu along with some x86 machines for comparison. This is all
> running on the Cray platform and using RHEL8 as its OS. Going forward I
> would be focusing on NVIDIA's ARM CPUs, also probably using RHEL (clone) as
> the base OS.

Sorry, but we left RH for our HTC setup in 2004 and switched to Debian...

While I cannot speak for RPM packaging, I expect it to be of the same quality
like the DEB one - so you should be able to take the SRPM and build straight
from it, also for non-X86_64.

I vaguely remember there had been some minor issues with structure alignments
a few years ago, which we unavoidably hit and which were ironed out very
quickly, I think both HTCondor and Pegasus were affected back then.
I've been running a Condor Master on a dedicated arm64 machine (ThunderX)
for a couple of years, and while I saw the (unused) scheduler restart very
infrequently, the negotiator and collector parts were absolutely stable.
There may be some hidden quirk left, hardware or software wise, but I never
got hold of a core dump, unfortunately.

Best,
 Steffen