Re: [HTCondor-users] custom universes?

On 1/9/2015 9:30 AM, Brian Candler wrote:
On 08/01/2015 17:47, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
f it could also blacklist a node so the job is retried someplace else,
it'd be a simple stupid way to stir jobs to the right machines: 'python
-V 2>&1 | grep "2.6"' if you need python 2.6.
You can do something like that by using classad matching, as long as
each machine announces in advance what features it has.

Yes. Two problems with that are a) more work for cluster admin (me) -- think cross-product of the number of user jobs to the number of execute nodes times keeping track of attributes nobody needs any longer -- and b) flocking to machines whose classads I can't modify anyway because they're in somebody else's pool.

Dimitri