Re: [HTCondor-users] Submit python on to windows host

Ben,
 Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I actually did get it to work by, as you suggested, setting the executable to be the python interpreter. So my submit file now looks like this:

	universe = vanilla
	executable = c:\Anaconda\python.exe
	arguments = testscript.py
	transfer_input_files = testscript.py
	requirements = OpSys == "WINDOWS" && Arch == "INTEL"
	transfer_executable = false
	output = testscript.out
	error = testscript.err
	log = testscript.log

This is good enough for now. The reason I wanted to use the script as the executable initially is that I was hoping that the OS on the Windows machine would figure out how to run python script using its default python interpreter. In other words, I wanted a way to emulate the effect of adding the following 'shebang' on a unix machine
#!/usr/bin/env python
I realise that that's probably not a good idea anyway, since then I'd have no control over which packages are available on that particular machine. By specifying the path to a particular interpreter, I avoid that uncertainty.
Anyway, thanks again for the help.

~ Roger