From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger Herikstad
Sent: Wednesday, 7 January 2015 12:49 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Submit python on to windows host

This is good enough for now. The reason I wanted to use the script as the executable initially is that I was hoping that the OS on the Windows machine would figure out how to run python script using its default python interpreter. In other words, I wanted a way to emulate the effect of adding the following 'shebang' on a unix machine #!/usr/bin/env python I realise that that's probably not a good idea anyway, since then I'd have no control over which packages are available on that particular machine. By specifying the path to a particular interpreter, I avoid that uncertainty.
Anyway, thanks again for the help.

~ Roger