[HTCondor-devel] condor_startd protocol...

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:36:52 -0400
From: Nick Ton <linusbeagle@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] condor_startd protocol...

Hello,

I like to first describe the problem I'm trying to tackle and perhaps someone may have an elegant solution. I like to make a bunch of android devices be resource computing machines that accept very simple jobs (i.e. send back their location). I know that it may sound like this type of problem can be better solved without HTCondor but I will expand the jobs to more be interesting/complex once I have worked out the protocol.

I was wondering if there's any documentations for the condor_startd protocol that would enable me to implement an Android Service to accept HTCondor Jobs? If there are no such documentations, could someone provide some advice that may help solve this problem?

I would appreciate any help or guidance.Â

Many Thanks,
Nick

ps: I know that philosophically HTCondor may not be the appropriate solution but this is just an research concept. As Android devices become more powerful it wouldn't be too hard to imagine that Âthey could be useful for grid computing environment.