Re: [HTCondor-devel] condor_startd protocol...

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:55:28 -0500
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] condor_startd protocol...
On 6/15/2016 2:36 PM, Nick Ton wrote:

Hello,

I like to first describe the problem I'm trying to tackle and perhaps
someone may have an elegant solution. I like to make a bunch of android
devices be resource computing machines that accept very simple jobs
(i.e. send back their location). I know that it may sound like this type
of problem can be better solved without HTCondor but I will expand the
jobs to more be interesting/complex once I have worked out the protocol.

I know I am not directly answering your question, but you may be interested to know that BOINC, a system for volunteer based computing, runs on Android ( see https://is.gd/2LTNA4 ), and HTCondor can delegate jobs to many other scheduling systems including BOINC via its grid universe. Some additional info:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.4/5_3Grid_Universe.html#53039

  https://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/wiki/CondorBoinc

regards
Todd