Re: [HTCondor-devel] Scheduler reports MAX_JOBS_RUNNING reached when it hasn't been

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 14:35:10 -0600
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Scheduler reports MAX_JOBS_RUNNING reached when it hasn't been
On 11/13/2013 2:15 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
On 11/13/2013 1:26 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
One of our customers is seeing an issue where a scheduler is reporting

"Reached MAX_JOBS_RUNNING: no more can run"

even though there are only 1899 jobs running and MAX_JOBS_RUNNING is
set to 2000.

Another thought: Could it just be observation skew? I.e. many shadows are exiting at the same time jobs are starting, and/or jobs are switching between running and idle very quickly?

Todd