Re: [HTCondor-devel] Fwd: Re: [HTCondor-users] disable preemption

Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:57:52 -0400
From: Ben Cotton <ben.cotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Fwd: Re: [HTCondor-users] disable preemption
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another sensible default would be to pick up some if not most configuration
> from a network source.

I'm with you on that (and not just because my employer happens to
offer such a product). Anything larger than a single machine should
probably use CycleServer/wallaby/Puppet/rsync/whatever to configure
nodes. I'm not sure that's something that should be brought into
HTCondor, though. It seems like it would add a lot of extra effort for
the HTCondor team that could be spent peeling grapes for Miron.

Thanks,
BC

--
Ben Cotton