Re: [HTCondor-devel] Fwd: Re: [HTCondor-users] disable preemption

Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:37:53 -0400
From: Ben Cotton <ben.cotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Fwd: Re: [HTCondor-users] disable preemption
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd say MaxJobRetirementTime fails simple - it must be configured on all
> exec nodes - and fails obvious - max what what? preemption!

Unless startd-based preemption is removed, I don't see how to have a
single setting that doesn't require configuring execute nodes.

> +1 off by default, but there should be a simple and obvious way to enable it

Agreed on the +1. I'd say the simple and obvious way to enable
preemption would be to create an expression for PREEMPT (default would
be FALSE) for startd-based preemption or to set
NEGOTIATOR_CONSIDER_PREEMPTION to TRUE (default would be FALSE) for
negotiator-based preemption.

--
Ben Cotton
Senior Support Engineer