Re: [HTCondor-devel] Fwd: Re: [HTCondor-users] disable preemption

Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:52:57 -0500
From: Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-devel] Fwd: Re: [HTCondor-users] disable preemption
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Ben Cotton <ben.cotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd say MaxJobRetirementTime fails simple - it must be configured on all
> exec nodes - and fails obvious - max what what? preemption!

Unless startd-based preemption is removed, I don't see how to have a
single setting that doesn't require configuring execute nodes.

Another sensible default would be to pick up some if not most configuration from a network source. 10 years ago I would have argued the other way, but nowadays I'm a fan of having nothing in the default config file on an execute node other than central manager address, local disk path, and host key information, and just getting the rest of the policies from the central manager.

-Erik