[HTCondor-devel] Priorities between accounting groups

Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:06:47 -0800
From: Igor Sfiligoi <sfiligoi@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-devel] Priorities between accounting groups
Dear HTCondor team.

I am puzzled on how priorities between accounting groups work.
Some time ago I have asked around (don't remember who I talked to, sorry), I was told that if I set the dynamic quotas to >>1.0, then I effectively get priorities between them this way.
(e.g. G1=2.0&G2=4.0, users in G2 get 2/3 of the pool on a busy day, bust still can get all the resources if G1 is not there)

Looking in the 7.8 manual, I see instead that "each of the subgroups will have their dynamic group quota scaled"!
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.8/3_4User_Priorities.html#26789

Is this a recent change?
Dan tells me there has been a lot of work in this area.

Please let me know.
If the semantics has indeed changed, how can I get the desired semantics back?

Thanks,
  Igor