Re: [Condor-devel] github revisited.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 03:17:35PM -0400, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
> NMI is a near CI environment of its own. This obstacle appears very
> small, NMI can pull from github just as easily as it currently pulls
> from http://condor-git.cs.wisc.edu/repos/condor.git

No doubt. But travis ci will test all incoming pull requests
automatically (prior merging) -- so given a functional test suite that
can run outside of NMI you get some useful advice what pull request is
worth looking at.

Once the test suite can run in travis ci, it will be very useful for
auto-testing the Debian package as well. Currently, I have some issue
getting it to run reliably.

> >.. backups - backup from github?
> >
> >   Take a look at:
> >
> >     http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/announcing_github-backup/
>
> That's cool, and sparks some ideas about github and gittrac
> interaction. It goes further than folks had discussed before -- just
> making sure there is a non-github copy of the repository.
>
> I've found that clone --mirror and a cron'd fetch makes is a simple
> solution that is as good as what currently exists.

Without synchronized issue tracking, though. But that might not be
desired anyway...

Best,

Michael

--