Re: [Condor-devel] github revisited.

On 09/13/2012 03:35 PM, Zachary Miller wrote:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 02:48:18PM -0400, Tim St Clair wrote:
Ok seriously... what needs to be done to make this transition?

someone needs to clearly lay out the positives and negatives of switching
so we have a well-thought out plan for switching and good, concrete reasons
for doing so.

i'm definitely not against it.  but "i got frustrated with AFS(*)" alone
doesn't sell me at all, nor does any amount of andecdotal complaints without a
plan as stated above.  saying "has feature X and Y" or "makes Z easier" would
go a lot further.

i know almost nothing about github, so like i said, i'm not for or against
going there.  i just would like to see all the pros/cons gathered together in
one place so we can discuss how it will make our lives better and have an
informed discussion about whether or not to make the switch.  right now it
feels like just a handful of people are cheerleading for moving (and they may
very well be right) but that we (we being UW-flightworthy) can't make that
decision without understanding why we should switch.

(or maybe i'm the only one and i'll just shut up :)

so: anyone volunteering to write up said document?

cheers,
-zach

(*) which by the way can be worked around

So far, no one has listed any negatives. Either there are none of people who know of some have not spoken up.

Do you know of any?

Best,

matt