Re: [Condor-devel] Condor 7.6.1 timeline?

Brian Bockelman wrote:
What's the timeline for the 7.6.1 release (I believe Todd promised at
Condor week that development timelines would be posted to this list)?

I ask because we just got hit by a real nasty negotiator starvation
issue that locally allowed one user group to starve everyone else
locally:

https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2176

It's somewhat of a side case (triggered if you mix static and dynamic
groups and lots of surplus allocation). Is the bugfix window still
open for 7.6.1?  Or will this have to go into later?  Unfortunately,
I don't have any time to fix it myself...

Brian

Hi Brian -

Thanks for ticketing the above. Hopefully Erik can look into a patch soon. Unfortunately the build from last night is the one we've targeted, and what Greg is putting on test clusters today at UW (we don't upgrade clusters on Fridays). So I fear the above will end up in v7.6.2, unless some undesired delay occurs.

Re v7.6.1 timelines - see "Work Plan for upcoming releases" under Really Important Stuff on the condor-wiki homepage, direct URL is:
  https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=DeveloperReleasePlan
We are already a couple days late doing the v7.6.1 freeze :(, but are still aiming for release May 24th. You can also see all the ticket resolved for v7.6.1.

regards,
Todd