[Condor-devel] Crashing gdb in Create_Process

This is laid out in #2208.  It seems that gdb will assert on Condor compiles that use pthreads and the clone call, as Condor confuses pthreads by creating a new thread.  This happens whether you ask gdb to follow the parent or child.

In #2208, I played funny tricks with the child's thread local storage to get glibc to function and gdb to not assert.  The tricks are fairly deep voodoo and nasty - but work.  I think they are compatible across Linux and glibc versions.  With that patch, one can use gdb to debug condor.  This is something I've never been able to do before.

Another approach would be to use straight syscalls for clone / exec.

A third approach would be to simply declare Condor, when using clone, not debuggable.  Not entirely satisfactory.

Brian