Re: [Condor-devel] Crashing gdb in Create_Process

On 06/02/2011 05:57 PM, Brian Bockelman wrote:
This is laid out in #2208.  It seems that gdb will assert on Condor compiles that use pthreads and the clone call, as Condor confuses pthreads by creating a new thread.  This happens whether you ask gdb to follow the parent or child.

The using-clone-to-exec business also screws up valgrind, so I added code a while back which detects if a condor daemon is being valgrinded (valground?) and just reverts to fork+exec'ing if that is the case. I looked at how to do the same for gdb, but couldn't find a satisfactory way to detect if a process is being debugged that was lightweight enough to always have on.

-greg