Re: [Condor-devel] Crashing gdb in Create_Process

Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is laid out in #2208.  It seems that gdb will assert on Condor compiles that use pthreads and the clone call, as Condor confuses pthreads by creating a new thread.  This happens whether you ask gdb to follow the parent or child.

After reading the ticket, I'm not clear: to what extent is this
gdb's fault?  Is this a matter of gdb having a bug, and we should
generate a simple test case and submit it upstream for a fix?  Or
is it a matter of gdb simply cannot do anything better and we
need to place nicely?

Either way, it would be nice to be able to debug the common code
path in Condor.  Thanks for digging into it!

--
Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/