Re: [Condor-devel] MyString::GetCStr deprecated

Peter Keller wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:56:10AM -0600, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
Erik Paulson wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:29:02AM -0600, Peter Keller wrote:
For starters, why is it "My" string?  Does this mean that nobody wants to
claim responsibility for writing this class?
The excitable Professor Basney, who wrote MyProxy, easily takes credit for
what he wrote, so I don't think your claim is valid.

MyString.h, v1.1, was checked in by Adiel.

-Erik
Basney's only contribution to MyString.h was...

True, however Doug was observing that the "My" aspect of a name--which is
easily extended to arbitrary names, meant noone wanted to claim credit
for something they wrote. By contradiction, I showed MyProxy didn't fit
the hypothesis.

-pete

Yeah, but this thread is all over the place, jokes are flying and I think one just hit me in the eye.

Best,

matt