Re: [Condor-devel] Condor ignores wildcard in hostallow lines

> My bet is that you don't have lookup of hostnames working correctly.
> Condor cares about it.
>
> If you can lookup hostname to IP and IP to hostname then this
> problem will go away.

Any chance we could get a security option to relax this behaviour a bit?
Our DHCP servers here kind of...well they flat out suck. We see periods
where DHCP clients no longer resolve both ways. Where a few clients
resolve in circles. It's a mess. We've moved most of our farms to static
IPs but I get these evil looks from IT when I tell them to not use DHCP
on dedicated clients. It's become such a common practice to use DHCP on
internal subnets. IT doesn't want to go back to dealing with the
overhead of static IPs.

For those of us who are behind reasonably secure permiters we don't
really worry about spoofed clients joining the pool.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.