Re: [Condor-devel] Gridmanager without Globus

On Feb 24, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:

Currently, the condor_gridmanager is only compiled if HAVE_EXT_GLOBUS is defined, which only happens when Globus is available.

I think this is no longer correct. The gridmanager is used for Condor-C and ongoing EC2 work, which have nothing to do with Globus.

Attached is a patch to V7.0, but probably applies to V7.1, that always compiles the condor_gridmanager and selectively leaves out functionality based on available externals. For instance, GT4 code is left out if HAVE_EXT_GT4GAHP is not defined.

The patch compiled on all platforms, and appears to test fine as well. On my system, x86 F8, the job_condorc_ab_van and job_condor_abc_van tests pass when Globus is not available.

The patch looks good to me. I don't see a reason not to commit it.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |