Re: [Gems-users] Node number limitations?

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:58:24 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Node number limitations?
Marco/Enric,
I think this is a known bug with the file OptBigSet.C, which implements bit vectors. With some compiler/platform combinations, the macros that OptBigSet.C uses are not properly set. The solution is relatively straightforward: Edit OptBigSet.C, and find the code that defines either __64BITS__ or __32BITS__, depending on your platform, and simply remove the #if condition that selects which marco is used. Thus, you might replace:
 #if __amd64__ || __LP64__
 #define __64BITS__
 #else
 #define __32BITS__
 #endif
with:
#define __32BITS__

You should also add a #define __32BITS__ to OptBigSet.h.

Regards,
Dan Gibson

Marco Tirado wrote:
Hello:

We are simulating a CMP system with Ruby. We have succesfully simulated the system with 32 processors. However after increasing the number of nodes in the Network topology file (this for a FILE_SPECIFIED network) we get the following error:

failed assertion 'msg_destinations.count() == 0' at fn
virtual void PerfectSwitch::wakeup() in
network/simple/PerfectSwitch.C:264

At first we were using 64 nodes in the network and it worked fine, we get the error when we increase the number of nodes to 96. Since this is the only parameter we have changed in the system, is there any GEMS limitation for the number of nodes or in the number of links ? Any help on this will be apreciated.

Marco and Enric