Re: [Gems-users] How to copy files to the simulated machine

Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:09:53 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] How to copy files to the simulated machine
Have a look at the Simics target guide and/or Simics reference manual on how to associate an ISO image with a simulated drive, and how to use SimicsFS.

Dave wrote:
Hello,

I have a question on how to copy files from the host machine to the simulated machine. I need to copy my benchmarks from the host machine to the simulated machine, but I don't know how. I believe I need to install SimicsFS so that I can mount the host files to the simulated machine, but the SimicsFS installation described in the Simics User Guide talks about copying files from the host machine to the simulated machine. I don't understand. I have already created a CDROM image file and put it into Simics, but I don't understand how I can access it from the simulated machine (sarek-solaris10).

Thank you.