Re: [DynInst_API:] new-parallel-parsing branch

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 20:25:26 -0500
From: Xiaozhu Meng <mxz297@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] new-parallel-parsing branch
Hi Stan,

Can you checkout the current Dyninst master? I merged the new-parallel-parsing branch back to the master earlier today and Sasha made a new fix later.

In terms of the problem of building the example, can you re-generate a patch if this problem still exists for the master branch?

The latest commit adds an option USE_OpenMP to the CMake system. By default, it is "ON" and will compile Dyninst with openmp for parallel parsing. Setting USE_OpenMP to other value will not use openmp (and ofÂcourse no parallel parsing).

Lastly, my merge should fix the problem of "undefined reference to symbol '_ZN5boost6system16generic_categoryEv"

Let me know what you find with the master branch.

Thanks,

--Xiaozhu

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 7:36 PM Stan Cox <scox@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> /usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/cfg_to_dot.dir/__/parseAPI/doc/example.cc.o:
> undefined reference to symbol '_ZN5boost6system16generic_categoryEv'
> //usr/lib64/libboost_system.so.1.66.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing
> from command line

This patch resolves the above for new-parallel-parsing branch so it
builds on fedora 28. It is essentially a reworking of the #459 patch
for n-p-p. It builds codeCoverage/codeCoverage and unstrip/unstrip in
their subdirectory; otherwise building in the examples directory results
in a name clash between the executable and directory. Next, I'll try
n-p-p with our systemtap dyninst backend.