Re: [DynInst_API:] oneTimeCode() and exit callbacks

Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:25:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Matthew LeGendre <legendre1@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] oneTimeCode() and exit callbacks

Drew,

I just took a quick glance at this trace--things look fine from the iRPC end. I'd agree that the iRPC code ran and we attempted a call. I would note that OneTimeCode's call target address is only 32-bits long on a 64-bit system. That could be coincidence, or perhaps some 'int' truncation is happening somewhere.

Given the full DYNINST_DEBUG_PROCCONTROL trace, which will have library load addresses, one could confirm that there is a library loaded over that address.

Of course, if there wasn't anything there then I'd expect a SIGSEGV, and that didn't happen.

-Matt