[DynInst_API:] Instrumentation or Binary Rewriting

Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 15:29:02 -0400
From: Nipun Arora <nipun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Instrumentation or Binary Rewriting
Hi,

I am looking for some simple dyninst based tools to do static binary instrumentation or binar rewriting of binaries, and shared libraries.
I am looking for adding instrumentation hooks at the beginning and end of each function. I was wondering if there are existing Dyninst tools which can help me in easily achieving this.

I have tried to use the following codeCoverage tool, however it seems to give the following error for even simple foo bar examples...

However, I still see: emitElf.C[1560]: elfupdate failed:0 Request can't manipulate null section

Can someone assist me in figuring it out this error so that I can use codeCoverage tool?
Alternatively, if anyone can provide some mechanism to instrument functions in both normal elf binaries or shared library (*.so ) files

Thanks
Nipun