HPC guidance on recompiling software

Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 20:20:24 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HPC guidance on recompiling software

Dear CHTC users,

This message is for users of our HPC cluster (accessed through hpclogin3.chtc.wisc.edu).

To address a security vulnerability with MPI, MPI-based modules were upgraded and recompiled as a part of yesterday’s maintenance. This means that if you used CHTC provided modules to compile your own code, it’s likely that you will need to recompile to use the updated modules.

Users have reported difficulties with re-compiling spack-based software. To help with this process, we are updating our documentation to provide guidance on recompiling. We will notify users once these instructions are ready.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve this issue.

Best,

The CHTC Team

--

Rachel Lombardi

Research Computing Facilitator

OSG and PATh Facility

Center for High Throughput Computing | University of Wisconsin - Madison