[madPL] Reading Group 11/12

Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 01:47:05 +0000
From: Wiley Corning <wcorning@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] Reading Group 11/12
Tomorrow's reading group talk will be given by Kanghee. Since he's having issues with the mailing list, I'm forwarding his announcement (see below).

---

Hi everyone,

I will be talking about my recent work on compositional program synthesis, during the reading group tomorrow at 1pm. This week will be Zoom-only and you can participate via this link.

Abstract:
Currently most program synthesis tools are only capable of synthesizing small programs. The tools do not scale up to large-scale programming problems, but the direction to go is clear: exploit compositionality. We start with the classic idea that a software system should be organized in a layered fashion, so that the synthesis problem in each layer is of similar size. Although no answer has been given to this question, we believe that Semantics-Guided Synthesis holds the answer to this question. In this presentation, we are going to discuss about the limitations of existing methods and the direction SemGuS will take to solve these problems.

Thanks,
Kanghee