[madPL] Reading Group 10/15

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:22:36 +0000
From: Wiley Corning <wcorning@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [madPL] Reading Group 10/15

Hi everyone,

What was previously the SemGuS Reading Group is now the madPL Reading Group! Following our conversations at last week's biking meetup, we've decided to broaden our scope to incorporate more of the PL research happening here at UW.

To help foster a collaborative environment, we'd like to start off by sharing each of our research directions. This Friday, we're asking all graduate students engaged in PL research to present a brief overview of their work, including your current focus and possible future topics. By brief, we're thinking no more than 5 minutes plus time for questions; if you have more than five slides, that might be overdoing it.

If you intend to present, please message me by end of day Thursday (tomorrow) so we can get a rough head count. Slack is preferred, but email also works.

We will be keeping the same timeslot of 1:00pm Friday. Starting this week, we will be offering an in-person option in Room 5331 of the CS building in addition to the usual Zoom link. We're still considering our options for food; if you think you'll attend in person, please let me know if (or if not, given Covid) you would like food to be provided, and any preferences or dietary restrictions if so.

I look forward to hearing what everyone's been up to!

Best,
Wiley Corning