[pl-seminar] FW: Positions at NEC Labs

Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:00:30 -0600
From: "Thomas Reps" <reps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pl-seminar] FW: Positions at NEC Labs
Title: Message
FYI
-----Original Message-----
From: Aarti Gupta [mailto:agupta@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 4:37 PM
To: reps@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Positions at NEC Labs

Dear Tom,

I would greatly appreciate your help in circulating the following announcements

regarding internship and full-time positions in the System Analysis and Verification

Group at NEC Labs America.

Thanks in advance,

Aarti.

------------------

Aarti Gupta

NEC Labs America                                Email: agupta@xxxxxxxxxxxx

4 Independence Way, Suite 200              Phone: +1 609 951-2966

Princeton, NJ 08540                               Fax: +1 609 951-2483

Summer 2007 Internship Positions

Summer internship positions are available for graduate students in the System

Analysis and Verification Group at NEC Laboratories America, Princeton, NJ.

Our group engages in foundational as well as applied research in the areas

of verification and analysis of hardware and software systems. Our ongoing

projects include a software verification platform called F-Soft, which utilizes

precise modeling of program behavior for static analyses and model checking;

and VeriSol, which comprises many symbolic model checking techniques based

on efficient engines such as SAT solvers, BDDs, and SMT solvers. VeriSol has

also been successfully used by our collaborators in NEC Japan for verification

of large hardware designs. More recently, we have started new projects focusing

on concurrent program analysis and system-level verification.

The current activities in these projects offer a broad range of exciting topics for

research -- software modeling, static program analysis, model checking,

constraint solvers, semi-formal methods, security analysis, real-time and

embedded system analysis. Students are encouraged to work closely with

group members on existing or new research problems, frequently leading to

publications in premier conferences.