Program Slicing talk

Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:39:22 -0600 (CST)
From: "Sumit Kumar" <sumit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Program Slicing talk

Due to scheduling conflicts the announcement for this talk did not
gothrough, so here it is:Better Slicing of Programs with Jumps and
Switches3/19/02 Tuesday Room 3331 3pm (30 min
presentation)Program slicing is an important operation that can be
used as the basis  forprogramming tools that help programmers
understand, debug, maintain, andtest  their  code. In this talk I
will start with background on slicing andthen present how we extended
previous work on program slicing by providing anew definition  of
"correct"  slices,  by introducing  a representation
forC-style switch statements, and by defining a new way to compute
controldependences to slice  a  program-dependence graph so
as  to compute moreprecise slices of programs that include jumps and
switches. Experimentalresults show that the new approach to slicing can
sometimes lead to asignificant improvement in slice
precision.This  is  a practice talk for presentation at the
upcoming conference FASE2002 (ETAPS 2002). The paper is available at<A
href="http://www.cs.wisc.edu/wpis/html/#conference";>http://www.cs.wisc.edu/wpis/html/#conference