Summer Intern Positions at IBM Research Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, and Mathematics (fwd)

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:49:57 -0600 (CST)
From: Susan Horwitz <horwitz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Summer Intern Positions at IBM Research Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, and Mathematics (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:52:45 -0500
From: Brent Hailpern <bth@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBM Research Summer Intern Announcement List
    <IBM_Research_Summer_Intern_Announcement_List@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Summer Intern Positions at IBM Research Computer Science,
     Electrical Engineering, and Mathematics

The Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Mathematics departments
of IBM Research are pleased to announce our 2002 Summer Intern Program.  We
are seeking graduate students in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, and Mathematics interested in pursuing an exciting
summer of research, prototyping, and exploring new frontiers of these
disciplines.  Students will have the opportunity to work with an
outstanding research team on problems that range from the leading edge of
theory to concrete problems of real users.  There will also be a unique
opportunity to network with scores of other top graduate students from many
different fields and schools.

In Computer Science, positions will be available in the following areas:

- Algorithms and Theory
- Artificial Intelligence
- Communications and Networking
- Computational Biology
- Computer Architecture
- Data Management
- Distributed and Fault-tolerant Computing
- eCommerce
- Graphics and Visualization
- Human Computer Interaction and User Interface Technologies
- Knowledge Discovery and Datamining
- Mobile Computing
- Multimedia
- Natural Language Processing
- Operating Systems
- Performance Modelling and Analysis
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Security
- Storage Systems
- Web

In Electrical Engineering, positions will be available in the following
areas:
- Computer Architecture
- Design Automation
- Electrical Interconnect and Packaging
- Signal Processing
- Verification Technology
- VLSI Design

In Mathematics and related fields, positions will be available in the
following areas:

- Algorithms and Theory
- Dynamical Systems
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Mathematical Modeling
- Numerical Methods
- Operations Research
- Probability and Statistics
- Risk Management
- Statistics
- Stochastic Optimization

Please see our summer intern web site
http://www.research.ibm.com/summerstudents/ for employment opportunities in
our U.S. labs:  Almaden (California) , Austin (Texas), and T. J. Watson
(New York).

These opportunities are limited and highly competitive.  Applications must
be received by March 31, 2002 to be considered for the 2002 program.

For information on our research, please see
Computer Science: http://www.research.ibm.com/compsci
Electrical Engineering:
http://www.research.ibm.com/disciplines/electrical_eng.shtml
Mathematics: http://www.research.ibm.com/math .

Please do not send me your resume, summer applications should go through
the appropriate web site.

Dr. Brent Hailpern
Associate Director, Computer Science
IBM Research

Please note that there are also summer opportunities in other disciplines
such as Chemistry, Material Science and Physics - see
http://www.research.ibm.com/summerstudents/ for details.  Information on
our research labs outside of the US can be found at
http://www.research.ibm.com/