Re: [os-reading] Paper for next week (10/9) 4-5 pm

Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 12:00:41 -0500
From: Venkatanathan Varadarajan <venkatv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [os-reading] Paper for next week (10/9) 4-5 pm
Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder, we will be discussing "Consistency-Based Service Level
Agreements for Cloud Storage" today at 4pm in CS4310

-Venkat

On 10/04/2013 06:12 PM, Vijay Chidambaram wrote:
Hi all,

Let's meet next week to discuss "Consistency-Based Service Level
Agreements for Cloud Storage" from SOSP 2013.

Link: http://sigops.org/sosp/sosp13/papers/p309-terry.pdf
Location: CS 4310
Time: 4-5 pm

The paper seems the first to introduce SLAs for consistency: I will
pay $0.5 for strongly consistent data, and $0.1 for data not more than
5 minutes old, etc. It should make for an interesting read!

Thanks,
Vijay