From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Paul T Baker <ptbaker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2023 10:52 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] advertising unequal memory per CPU

Hello,

I would like to have different CPUs on the same machine advertise unequal amounts of memory.

I'm running a local condor instance on a single machine with 32 CPUs and 32 GB of RAM.  I would like to set the condor pool to use 20 of the CPUs, and have two different memory amounts advertised:
16x 1 GB
4x 2 GB

Currently, I'm setting RESERVED_MEMORY=8 GB and MAX_NUM_CPUS=20 in my config file to hold back the resources I want.  This results in all 20 CPUs advertising the same (24 GB / 20) = 1.2 GB of memory.  Is there a way to set the memory per CPU advertised to be unequal?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul T Baker   (he/him)
Assistant Professor of Physics