[HTCondor-users] Send commands to minicondor from outside the container

Hi,

I use a htcondor/mini Docker container to test and prototype on Condor.

If I open a bash inside the container I can use the commands just fine, but what I want to do is to have access to then and the Python bindings from the host machine, or from another container.

I run the container like this:

docker run -it --network host --name condor --rm \

-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \

htcondor/mini:9.0.16-el7

Then, I take a copy of the config file 00-minicondor, put it on the host machine and have the CONDOR_CONFIG env var to point at it.

This works fine for things like condor_q or condor_status, but when I try to use condor_submit I get the following:

Submitting job(s)

ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager

AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method

AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using SCITOKENS

AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI

GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate.  Globus is reporting error (851968:101).  There is probably a problem with your credentials.  (Did you run grid-proxy-init?)

AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS

AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using IDTOKENS

AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS

So, I tried things like to set SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = NEVER, SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = CLAIMTOBE, FS, ALLOW_WRITE = * and use security:host_based.

None of these work.

What more can I do if even disabling authentication did not work ?

Thanks,

Gaëtan

Gaetan Geffroy
Junior Software Engineer, Space

Terma GmbH
Europaarkaden II, Bratustraße 7, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
T +49 6151 86005 43 (direct)  •  T +49 6151 86005-0
Terma GmbH - Sitz Darmstadt  •  Handelsregister Nr.: HRB 7411, Darmstadt
Geschäftsführer: Poul Vigh / Steen Vejby Sørensen
www.terma.com •
LinkedinTwitterInstagramYoutube

Attention:
This e-mail (and attachment(s), if any) - intended for the addressee(s) only - may contain confidential, copyright, or legally privileged information or material, and no one else is authorized to read, print, store, copy, forward, or otherwise use or disclose any part of its contents or attachment(s) in any form. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me by telephone or return e-mail, and delete this e-mail and attachment(s). Thank you.