Re: [HTCondor-users] How to change default PRIORITY_HALFLIFE

On 2/15/23 09:00, gagan tiwari wrote:
Hi Guys,
                We need to change PRIORITY_HALFLIFE  from default 24 hrs. to 6 hrs.
I tried it by running below on the master host , but it failed.

While you can set PRIORITY_HALFLIFE with condor_config_val, we would recommend that you set this statically in one of the condor config files.  This way, you can put a comment above the setting, describing who set it, when you set it, and what it is doing.  In the condor config directory on your machine that runs the central manager, add lines like

# 2/15/23 MyInitials -- lowering PRIORITY_HALFLIFE to xxx (6 hours) so that

# priorities have less history
PRIORITY_HALFLIFE = 21600