Re: [HTCondor-users] How to change default PRIORITY_HALFLIFE

Run

     condor_config_val -verbose PRIORITY_HALFLIFE

That will tell you what configuration file to edit.  If condor_config_val indicates that the setting is not coming from a file,  then you will have to add it to one of your configuration files.  You can get the names of all of the config files by running.

     condor_config_val -config

condor_config_val -set is intended for use to remotely change selected configuration values while condor is running.  This can be a huge security risk, so condor_config_val -set can only change values that have been enabled for remote config by adding them to the configuration file using the SETTABLE_ATTRS_<permission-level> configuration variable.

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/configuration-macros.html?highlight=SETTABLE_ATTRS#daemoncore-configuration-file-entries

By default there are no configuration variables that can be set using condor_config_val -set.

-tj